Celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Montana!
Montana is known for its wide open spaces and grandiose mountain views, but it's also the home to some of the most vibrant Irish culture in the country. From Butte to Bozeman, Missoula, Billings, and even Great Falls, you'll find St. Patty's Day pub crawls, parades, and Celtic fairs! Here are some events that are at the top of our St. Patrick's Day to-do list this year:
1. Butte, MT
2. Run to the Pub, Bozeman, MT
3. Saint Patrick's Day Parade, Street Party, and Celtic Fair in Billings, MT
Head to downtown Billings for the annual Parade & Celtic Fair Street Party - a fun-filled day of Irish festivities and entertainment you won’t want to miss!
40 years strong! Presented by Downtown Billings Alliance & Hooligans Sports Bar, gather with your friends and family to enjoy the over 40 festival floats, street food, music, cloggers, and bag-pipers, commemorating an event that has been a tradition in the Billings community for four decades.
Enjoy a free day of live entertainment, amplified music, festive activities, and more! There's something for everyone at this one-of-a-kind event. Bring the whole family for a day of fun! Learn more here.
4. Missoula, MT
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in style and revel in the festivities that Missoula has to offer! Get ready for a day of fun and adventure - it's sure to be an unforgettable experience!
Ready to hit the pavement? Join us at the Run for the Luck of It 5k race! Whether you want to run 7 miles or a 5K, you can sweat it out and reap the rewards: chip timing, a custom designed pint glass, a post-race beer and a hot snack! Lace up your running shoes and sign up today!
If you're not the type to partake in a race on a holiday, don't worry, there is plenty of St Patrick's day fun in Missoula for you! Join the parade and enjoy the festivities on the second Saturday of March for the annual St Patrick's Day Parade. Parade route goes from Spruce & Higgins to Grizzly Grocery at Beckwith & Higgins. More information here!
5. St. Paddy's Day Celebration at The Celtic Cowboy in Great Falls, MT
- Wednesday, March 15 - Almeda Bradshaw @ 6 pm
- Almeda is a talented string musician and singer who has been playing Cowboy Gatherings for nearly two decades. Head to the Celtic Cowboy to hear her unique mix of Cowboy, Bluegrass, Old-time, Folk, and Spirituals.
- Thursday, March 16 - The Montana Shamrockers @ 6 pm
- Start the night off right with an acoustic, vocally-driven performance by the Montana ShamRockers! Traditional, original, and American Celtic folk tunes on four critically acclaimed albums, created a raucous energy that's been thrilling audiences since 2003.
- Friday, March 17 - Merle Travis Peterson @ 3 - 6 pm
- Over the years, Merle Travis Peterson has toured the US, appearing on the Late Show with David Letterman and performing in over 200 shows every year. Get ready for some classic pop songs, folk tunes, Elvis classics, and of course Johnny Cash!
- Saturday, March 18 - Wylie & the Wild West @ 6 pm
- For over 33 years, Wylie Gustafson has been performing his unique blend of cowboy, western and traditional country music across the world. Catch a couple of songs from the musical legend at the Celtic Cowboy, and experience a true American original!
Talk about an incredible lineup! Learn more about this week-long celebration here.
Written By Alexa Jorgenson, MGC Content Creator
Blog Cover by Averi Thompson, MGC Graphic Designer